Uber Freight Insurance Requirements
- An active DOT number with interstate authority and a valid MC number. The insurance company will do the filing to activate your MC authority.
- A Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Safety Rating of “Satisfactory,” “None,” or “Not Rated”
- We offer reviews of your DOT to ensure no issues getting insurance and that the application was done correctly
- State-level motor carrier permits and registrations
- A truck and trailer (53’ dry van, flatbed or reefer only, for now)
- A valid certificate of insurance reflecting the following policies:
- Auto Liability not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence
- Cargo coverage of least $100,000 that covers Uber Freight loads, cannot specify general freight dry van only.
- Reefer breakdown coverage and needs to specify refrigerated food on DOT and cargo policy if hauling a refrigerated trailer