Insurance requirements to register and book loads with the DAT load board:
- Primary auto liability: $1,000,000 in primary liability coverage is required to cover damage or injury done in case of an accident where you are at fault. Many shippers or brokers require $1 million in primary liability coverage.
- An active DOT number with interstate authority and a valid MC number. The insurance company will do the filing to activate your MC authority.
- Cargo: $100,000 is the most common request to cover cargo, but this will depend on what you are hauling. This covers damage to the freight and/or theft.
- Trailer replacement coverage: $50,000. Trailer replacement only required for tractors without trailers.
- Endorsements: Depending on the cargo hauled you may also need reefer endorsement for refrigerated goods and intermodal for hauling at ports.
Contact Us for More Information