Insurance requirements to sign up with Amazon Relay:
- An active DOT number with interstate authority and a valid MC number. The insurance company will do the filing to activate your MC authority.
- A “Carrier” entity type that is Authorized for Property and for Hire
- A Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Safety Rating of “Satisfactory,” “None,” or “Not Rated”
- We offer reviews of your DOT to ensure no issues getting insurance and that the application was done correctly
- All required insurance policies including:
- Commercial General Liability not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 in the aggregate
- Auto Liability not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence, including a trailer replacement coverage of $50,000. Trailer replacement only required for tractors.
- Cargo coverage of least $100,000 that covers Amazon loads, cannot specify general freight dry van only
- Only required if you are hiring employees, not necessary for owner operators
- Workers’ Compensation insurance in all jurisdictions where your company operates
- Employer Liability not less than $100,000 per occurrence
Contact Us for More Information